LA Murder Lawyer
The taking of another life is considered one of the most serious situations in LA. The killing of one human being by another is called a homicide. Some homicides may be intentional and others may be accidental. Not all homicides are against the law in LA. For example, a person threatened with death by a criminal may have the legal right to use self-defense, even if it results in the death of the criminal.
Murder is the unlawful taking of another life. It's usually the result of an intentional act for the purpose of causing death or an act that shows a depraved indifference to human life. Because of the bad intent on the part of the criminal, the state of Florida has chosen to give the harshest punishments to criminals that commit murder. This may be a long prison sentence or even death.
Manslaughter is the unlawful taking of another life under circumstances that make the criminal less culpable than someone who commits murder. A criminal who's found guilty of manslaughter will usually receive a lesser punishment than if he was found guilty of murder. Manslaughter is usually divided into two types:
- Voluntary manslaughter
- Involuntary manslaughter
Questions for Your LA, California Lawyer
- Can I be charged with felony murder in LA if someone dies while I am driving under the influence?
- How long does the commission of a felony last for the felony murder rule? What if one of the participants to a robbery kills someone a few days after the robbery while trying to escape the LA police?
- Can I be charged with felony murder for loaning a car to the participants of a kidnapping that ended in an accidental murder?
- If I get into a fight while intoxicated that leads to someone getting killed, will I be charged with murder or manslaughter? If manslaughter, will it be voluntary or involuntary?
- Will I be charged with a crime if I kill someone with a choke hold while protecting my family? What if I use a deadly weapon and the other person is unarmed?
- Could I be charged with involuntary manslaughter for the death of my child if I withhold medical treatment from him for religious reasons?
One common form of murder is called felony murder. A felony murder is when a person is killed during the commission of a felony. A felony is a serious crime that's usually punishable by more than one year in prison. There are certain key differences between felony murder and most other forms of murder.
Voluntary Manslaughter in LA, California
Voluntary manslaughter is the taking of another life with the intent to kill or cause serious physical injury. This type of manslaughter is very similar to murder. However, there are circumstances that make the killing a lesser crime than murder.
Involuntary Manslaughter in LA, California
Involuntary manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another person. The death is usually caused by some careless action on the part of the accused. Involuntary manslaughter is considered a lesser form of manslaughter because of the lack of intent. Therefore, the punishment is usually less than murder or voluntary manslaughter.
Vehicular Manslaughter in LA, California
Vehicular manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another due to negligence while driving. States differ as to whether this is a separate type of manslaughter or one under the category of involuntary manslaughter. Most states treat this crime as a lesser form of manslaughter.
We have clients for you.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO
Draw clients to your website.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO
ATTORNEY WEB SOLUTIONS
Speak with one of our customer representatives.